This is not a test. Unless it is, and no one told me so I haven't revised, which means I'm going to fail. Thanks for that.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Islanders from the northern isles protecting immigrants from deportation

Since visiting Orkney, I've been kind of in love.

It's such a relaxing, open, wonderful place. Island life is most appealing and I'm hoping they recruit in my field so I can flee up north to live (I can hack the short short winters days, and lack of bouldering...)

Also, my Grandad was stationed on Hoy during the war - the story goes there were three of them, and one rifle.

Today I came across some very old news about islanders fighting immigration officials to protect immigrants from being deported. Good people.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/apr/19/immigrationandpublicservices.burma

No comments: