This is not a test. Unless it is, and no one told me so I haven't revised, which means I'm going to fail. Thanks for that.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Monday, April 13, 2009

Those annoying Iggy Pop adverts

Who thought it was a good idea to put ageing rocker Iggy Pop in a series of adverts for car insurance? What audience is this speaking to? Are they trying to target ironic uber trendy types, who love a bit of nostalgic rock? Are they trying to target the older gent who used to be an Iggy fan?

Are they trying to piss me off, placing this arrogant rocker as a guide to finance? If they are trying to piss me off, it's working. GOD DAMN those adverts suck.

2 comments:

kompoStella said...

hey there!
i agree with your frustration on this one... and sometimes wonder whether there are any of the old "icons" left that hasn't sold out yet?

TP said...

Hey kompoStella - I know! It's like their royalties have started to dry up so they're hawking themselves for a bit of extra beer money.