This is not a test. Unless it is, and no one told me so I haven't revised, which means I'm going to fail. Thanks for that.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Gower

I've just come back from an all weather holiday on the Gower in Wales.

I stayed on a campsite near Nicholaston, which had it's own farm shop, and a (pretty much) private beach, a mere 5/10 minute walk through some woods and over sandunes.

Here are the pics.



Here we see my friend and travelling companion, Miss Grossman, navigating said woods.



And the sand dunes.



Our reward was a huge beach, with some great cliffs to boulder on, although the rain prevented me getting any climbing done.



We went into Swansea for the day, here's the castle...



And we visited the Mumbles, which is as cute and quaint as they want you to think. It has a great pottery shop selling handmade pottery from the mumbles, an over priced pier, crazy golf and Verdis the ice cream parlour, which is rumoured to be great, but the lactose intolerant among us can't enjoy that!

Here's some pretty boat pics from the Mumbles.

And a shot of the village itself

Finally here are a selection of photos taken from our last evening, when the weather finally began to feel like July instead of September/October time.

Sunset at Rhossili



The final two I'll have to post via flickr, blogger doesn't seem to want to get along with them, god knows why!

No comments: