This is not a test. Unless it is, and no one told me so I haven't revised, which means I'm going to fail. Thanks for that.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Money matters

As much glee as I do feel about the atheist bus campaign raising so much so fast to fund advertising that counters religious propaganda such as the Alpha Course, it is a shame that the fervour generated here can't be replicated for other drastically underfunded causes.

I think the visibility of the Christian advertising chaffed at a lot of people, and by the very nature of outdoor advertising it was in their faces and unavoidable whenever they stepped outside, so ignited a reaction.

There are plenty of other causes that are in desperate need of support - domestic violence support and rape crisis centres are just two examples - but they are out of sight of the general population and out of mind.

No comments: